Expert Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy
Personalized Solutions for Children and Adults
When it comes to first-class Orofacial Myofunctional therapy and speech services, trust only Myo & Speech Lynks. We target different articulation and phonological disorders, such as frontal and lateral lisps, problems in enunciating R, L, S, CH, SH, J sounds, and more. Read on to learn more about our comprehensive Orofacial Myofunctional therapy and feeding therapy programs as well as the other speech services we offer.
Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy
Orofacial Myofunctional disorders (OMDs) are inappropriate behaviors and patterns in muscle function and poor habits involving the tongue, lips, jaw, and face.
Our Focus for Remediation
- Articulation Placement Errors
- Chewing and Swallowing Disorders
- Feeding Problems
Forward Tongue Posture or Open Lip Posture
- Habitual Mouth Breathing / Abnormal Breathing
- Orthodontic Issues (Malocclusion / Relapse)
- Prolonged Oral Habits (Thumb Sucking / Pacifiers)
- Temporomandibular (TMJ) Pain
- Tongue / Lip Tie
- Tongue Thrust (Incorrect Oral Phase Swallow Pattern)
Orofacial Myofunctional therapists work on re-patterning tongue and muscle movements as well as strengthening and stabilizing orofacial muscles through a variety of exercise-based activities.